Friday, May 12, 2006

the butt story

Two days ago, I had a show
A fifteen minute musical with the usual glow
Full of color and laughter, it was a story
Highlighting Singapore as a fine city

The tech run went well with sound and lights
Dancers had to wear costumes for the night
While in action dancing to Singapura
One of the dancers stepped on my skirt

The pin broke, the button snapped
A split second later it was lying on the floor, flat
At first there was only my voice
'Hey' that's what I said and lost my poise

To pick up my skirt, I bent over
Exposing the beige panty I had on for cover
There it was, big, round and white
My sexy butt was in the limelight

The dancers broke formation when they saw
Started laughing and rolling on the floor
By now the song was halfway through
No one could concentrate, not even the crew

It felt like the longest time
Before I had my skirt on fine
I shared the laughter with my friends
Dismissing that episode as a sneak peek
To the opening act of what the audience had come to seek

Yes, it was the Crazy Horse topless girls
They came on with colorful wigs and no curls
Before them, our show was a huge success

At this point I shall put my butt story to rest
March 2006



No comments: