Friday, October 20, 2006

Ode to W

When we first met online I wasn’t sure you were my kind You looked kinda cute in cyberspace Those eyes looking straight at my face You came to visit me two months later We hit it off instantly through conversation and laughter Online, there was so much to talk about In the flesh, it felt better, no doubt Soon you wanted to make me your girl Before you left for the far side of our world You begged me to follow you home To get a glimpse of your personal dome The days went by ever more slowly Without you by my side daily Mails from you, I awaited eagerly On New Year’s eve, we’ll meet readily Then the expected happened unexpectedly After a few visits to your world, you said quietly “I couldn’t handle the distance Whenever I needed you in an instance” The relationship we had across the miles Was made more difficult because we’re so far apart But I know this will all be worthwhile If only you would take away the impossible part I know you feel for me in your own way While you strive to make sense of your own life It’s easier for you to keep feelings at bay Cos your heart and mind have different things to say You wanted to filter feelings through your head And leave emotions behind instead How can I do that when I perceived love through the heart It shattered the moment I felt that dart Loving you took all I had I hope you’d remember everything we’ve shared I looked forward to the day I hope, I pray, one day together we’ll stay This New Year would be the third year And still you’re not here But you know what I’m grateful for? The chance to give and receive love and more Now I am over you and all the fun Regrets I have none There’s a rainbow in my heart Of which I am certain a future love will be a part

( Written in 2006 )

No comments: