Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The rainbow in my heart

At the moment, here I sit mulling
peering at cyberspace three feet away
pondering the subject I'm not sure of writing
for this time, myself, I have betrayed.

It started off as innocent as can be
Just a drink here and a meal there
Six months later I was beginning to see
Inadvertently, love was in the air

A year later I thought I should confess
I had hoped for mutual feelings at least
We had something good, one of the best
I hadn't expected him to flee, the beast

The rainbow in my heart is gone
The colors fading as each day rolls around
The dull ache I feel, can it be pawned
for material possessions that abound

I should think not, I'm not the kind
To tussle emotional issues of the heart
With mental struggles of the mind
But now the thin line I cannot set apart.

My love is honest, sincere and pure
I demanded nothing and cared for everything
Apparently it wasn't enough, it wasn't the cure
For the very thing he was seeking

Dare I dream of a continuance
Knowing his cowardice and his paranoia
Please excuse my parlance
I'm afraid I wouldn't know the answer

The rainbow in my heart is gone
But I must achieve the solace I seek
I cannot and I would not abscond
From the next rainbow that I shall inherit.

No comments: